Site presentation at 10/03/09 : The 2nd International Financial Research Forum on "Risk Management & Financial Crisis" is an international Research Forum for academics and professionals organised by the Europlace Institute of Finance (EIF) Institut Louis Bachelier (ILB) and La Fondation du Risque with the support of Finance INNOVATION
The forum pursues three objectives:
- to identify the main streams of researches that will structure the market evolution in the future;
- to organize presentations and debates on the content of these new contributions;
- to assess with professionals the market/regulatory impacts of those new trends.
TOPIC: RISK MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL CRISES
- Crises Characteristics: typology of crises : liquidity crisis, financial bubbles, mispricing (fair value, mark-to-market, model risk); contagion, agent coordination, counterparty risk, ...
- Advanced indicators: risk measures, ratings, performance measures, early detection of crises
- Regulation: transparency, regulation of hedge funds, convergence of regulations between countries and between products, cost of regulation, ...
- Management of a crisis: monetary policy, management of liquidity, treatment of failures, management of a crisis in a securitized world, ...
- Emergence of organized markets: examples of new markets : CDS, weather derivatives, pollution rights, insurance linked securities; creation of market indices, standardisation, intermediation, …
Thu, 2009-03-19 08:00 - Fri, 2009-03-20 18:00